Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolutions '09

It is 2009 already? Wow time sure has gone by fast.
First I want to say Happy New Year to all my readers!


My New Year's Resolutions:

1. Save money! My first step towards saving money is becoming a little more GREEN and saving electricity. I already started converting all my light bulbs over to the GE energy saver bulbs... What's next? I took the pledge, did you?

2. To add to saving money and to create more quality family time, I want to cook at home more! So I took the challenge, will you?



3. I also have joined the Wii Fit Mommies to set goals and push myself to become more fit. I don't have a goal for a specific amount of weight loss just to exercise more and become more healthy. I own a Wii Fit system and plan to use it on a regular bases and blog about it on Fitness Fridays so check back to see my progress. Will even create vlogs for you to see!




4. To add to becoming more healthy I have decided to try and cut out caffeine. I love drinking tea and Dr Pepper so my goal is to cut back as much as possible and basically eliminate it altogether. I drink decaf-tea at home and have stopped buying DP for the house. My real challenge will be in public, I guess I'll have to drink Sprite or more water. Drinking more water is my challenge but I am determined! To keep energy while working out and in my daily routine I already drink XS energy drinks which I purchase the caffeine free ones and LOVE 'em! Same price as Red Bull but so much better for you... Plus they come in several flavors.

5. I want to take better care of myself. I get so busy with the kids, the house and life in general that I don't do much just for myself. I plan to schedule more "me" time and along with becoming healthy I want to take care of my outer self as well. More relaxing baths and more time spent taking care of my skin. I plan to schedule doing a facial on myself once a month. I already own all the products and use my facial cleanser, toner and moisturize each morning in the shower but forget to do it again at night. I want to start taking more time working on myself! Using a pore cleanser mask is not only good for your skin but it is refreshing as well. Maybe blogging about it will hold myself more accountable and marking it on a calendar will remind me to DO it!

6. Another 'goal' is to blog more often. I love blogging and it is something I truly do for myself. I have a tendency to neglect my blog when I get busy with life. I joined the NaBloPoMo for the month of January and plan to blog once a day. I am not used to blogging that much so this will help motivate me and get me in the groove of blogging more. After January if I don't continue blogging daily I want to at least blog several times a week.


View my page on NaBloPoMo


7. Be more happy! I know that I have a lot of stress in my life and in general I stress pretty easily {okay I stress a LOT}. I have found myself raising my voice with the kids more than I should and staying more negative about everything lately. For 2009 I want to turn the tables on that and become more positive. Stop yelling at the kids, try to relax more and realize that no matter how rough things get I should be happy that we are ALIVE!

8. For my final resolution... I want to become more successful! I am not setting a dollar amount that I want to make this year but rather just feeling more successful and knowing I gave it my all. I want to do more with my blog and I feel a strong pull towards networking online and helping others. I want to SHINE in 2009!

Happy New Years Everyone!
Don't forget to Shine in 2009...

10 comments:

followthatdog said...

great goals. I wish you the best of luck.

bethany said...

Great goals!! Always fun to start brand new! I am setting goals too!
http://vermillionrules.blogspot.com/2009/01/gam-09-january-goal.html

Mama said...

It's great to put your goals in writing, I think it helps make them easier to realize! Thanks for the link!

Rhonda Gales said...

I have my 2009 goals posted too. I wish you much success in achieving your goals.

Rhonda Gales said...

Following you on Twitter and now following your blog. Please stop by Mother-2-Mother if you get a change.

Sara said...

GREAT goals! I'll be cheering you on, every step of the way!
We are thinking about getting a Wii, including the Wii fit board...if we do, I'll join you over at Wii fit Moms! It will be a little while til I get the okie dokie to exercise, but believe me as soon as I get the go ahead I'm THERE! (baby due 1/13/09).

Anonymous said...

I love your goals so realistic! Goals should be attainable and I think yours are! here's to our new found friendship & shining in 2009!!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great goals for '09! I noticed a lot of people are doing this Wii Fit, how do you like it?
Stress and Negativity have to go hand in hand, at least that is what happens to me, especially at work. Sounds like you'll be able to rid of both those items rather quickly!
Good Luck to you!

The Johnson Family said...

Good luck on all your resolutions!! I saw a few of them was to live a more green life. Let me know if you need any help with that! In our home we cook with almost all organic ingredients, make all my own cleaning supplies, very little sugar, and NO caffeine!! GOOD LUCK, it's hard at first but so worth it!

Claire said...

Try sublingual B-12 for energy! It works MUCH better than caffine and is all natural and healthy!

Blog Money

 
Blogging Momma © 2008 | design by Retro-Designz